Services Provided: The Office of Rural Health & Primary Care promotes the development of community-based health care services and systems throughout Arkansas to ensure that well managed, quality health services are available to all citizens.Efforts are directed in several areas such as community-based needs assessment, technical assistance for the development of primary care sites, recruitment and retention of primary care manpower and health professional shortage area (HPSA) / medically underserved area (MUA) designations.
- Providing consultation and technical assistance to rural communities for the purpose of developing viable health care services in their communities.
- Administering state grant programs designed to assist rural communities in maintaining local health care.
- Operating a health professional clearinghouse to assist rural and underserved areas to recruit and retain health professionals.
- Providing technical assistance and training opportunities to rural hospitals that have converted to Critical Access Hospital status.
- Coordinating federal, state and other efforts focusing on access to health care.