This branch works directly with local communities and organizations to foster the department’s mission to assist communities in identifying health issues and implementing solutions that improve the health of local citizens. The branch aids communities in improving the health of citizens by promoting healthy behaviors and providing assistance with the development of health services and systems of care.
Strategic priorities of the HHI Branch include:
- Promote active living and healthy eating through policy and environmental supports
- Promote tobacco prevention and cessation through policy and environmental supports
- Promote implementation of state trauma system and injury prevention activities
- Administer state grant programs to assist rural and underserved communities to developing and maintain viable healthcare services.
- Support Critical Access Hospitals in quality and financial improvement efforts.