- Providing Advocacy for and education of patients and the public in all health related matters.
- To preserve and promote quality cost effective health care
- To promote the science and art of family medicine and to ensure an optimal supply of well trained family physicians
- To promote and maintain high standards among physicians who practice family medicine
- To preserve the right of family physicians to engage in medical and surgical procedures for which they are qualified by training and experience
- To provide advocacy, representation and leadership for the specialty of family medicine
- To maintain and provide an organization with high standards to fulfill the above purposes and represent the needs of members